About the job
Containers, ships and especially many types of cranes dominate the picture in the ports. Those types of cranes are exactly what you as a Steel Cable Technician, Rigger and Mechanic will be working on. You travel independently with a van to the ports of Rotterdam to:
- Lifting equipment to be approved
- Install new cables
- Cables to be tested on site
You work at a nice family business in the Hoeksche Waard, together with about 30 other colleagues. There is a down-to-earth and friendly atmosphere. Drinks are regularly organized and the annual company outing should not be missed.
You got it:
You certainly do not need to be an experienced Steel Cable Technician to fulfill this position. Two right hands is enough, you will be further trained internally. You will go with an experienced colleague who will teach you all the tricks of the trade. What do you bring with you anyway?
- Driver's license ( a must) and car (is a plus)
- You are willing to learn a trade in practice
- You are very flexible, often you hear a few minutes in advance that you have to work overtime
You deserve it:
Of course, good work should be rewarded. For fulfilling this position of Technician Steel Cables in Numansdorp you will receive the following:
- A salary between € 440 net and 500 net per week depending on age and experience
- 25 days off on an annual basis
- The possibility to follow additional courses such as a VCA via the Intro Academy
- A travel allowance of 19 cents per kilometer if you travel with your own car
- A private room for €60 per week (see photos on our website) incl. gas, water, light and internet
- Health insurance for €27.60 per week
- Salary plus 8,33% holiday pay
- Opportunity to take Dutch lessons
- If necessary, you can get your VCA and forklift certification in your native language
- We help you file your taxes in the Netherlands
- We organise evening and Saturday morning programmes for all your questions. You can ask questions about your wages, pay slips, holidays, how to get a house or apartment in the Netherlands, how public transport works, etc.—in short, any question you have about life in the Netherlands!
- You receive compensation for work travel expenses according to company agreements
- We provide your work clothing and/or tools and equipment
- We will help you gain legal residence in the Netherlands if you wish.